WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT GLASS BOTTLES?
Since time immemorial, glass has proven to be an effective option used for packaging products in the food industry. And there is no denying the fact that glass bottles serve the industry with outstanding uses, not only for food, but for the beverage industry as well. Not only do these bottles maintain the content quality, but they protect the product from external factors.
Whether you are searching for the right blue glass bottle, or changing from plastic bottles to glass bottles for their appeal, we have written this blog especially for readers like you wanting to know everything about glass bottles.
Allow us to share some of the most amazing facts about glass bottle with you. These include:
- Glass is a well-used material that can be recycled and offers a plethora of great environmental benefits.
- Glass is made from all-natural materials.
- Glass is a widely used material, which is preferred for taste and flavour, as well as maintaining the quality of food and beverages.
- Glass bottles can be used over and over again, which can reduce the packaging cost.
- Glass is one of the safest materials one can use for perishable products.
- Glass has been known for its superior quality. In fact, the shelf life of a glass bottle extends for years to come. If truth be told, glass never loses its color.
- Being nonporous and non-reactive, there is no interaction between glass packaging and products it contains, which may affect the flavour of a product (whether food or beverage).
Why is glass bottle packaging more popular?
Glass has always been a safe and secure choice when it comes to packaging various products. Plastics, on the other hand, can melt and there are high risks of chemicals leaking into food items. Some plastics are not even considered safe for food production, but this is not the case with a blue glass bottle. Using glass bottles is a good idea, as there are no chemicals or pollutants.
Many companies have been rediscovering the great benefits of using glass bottle packaging for various reasons. In fact, glass happens to be the most eco-friendly packaging material used by many. It has the ability to hold and improve the appearance of products on shelves in ways no other materials can do.
What are the different types of glass bottles?
Glass bottles offer you a plethora of solutions to meet the diverse needs for your project or product. Here are some of the most popular types of glass bottles:
- Frosted Glass
- Flint Glass
Glass bottles have played one of the most important roles in our lives. Made of natural and sustainable materials, glass bottles will spoil you for choice, as they can be found in a wide range of sizes and colors, depending on your needs and preferences.